Re: a question about Oracle 9202 client share library on HP-UX 11i ver2 IA64 and HP-UX 11i ver2 PA-RISC

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:58:28 +0200

On 29 Jul 2005 21:02:15 -0700, "Jarod.Sun" <Jarod.Sun_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>HP.But i want know why oracle can not create the dynamic link library
>with suffix sl at IA64 HP-UX.
>
> is there anyone can handle this problem?
>
> In fact,i think this is not a problem.maybe i should ask our
>application platform provider to ensure that they product can support
>HP-UX and Oracle at IA64 platform.Sorry.

Very much looks like a 32-bit/64 bit issue. If you run the file command on both the application platforms executables and Oracle's you are probably going to see differences. But then again you may also need to verify whether your Oracle installation doesn't consist of a mess of 32-bit and 64-bit libraries.

You are sure the server is running 64-bit? I once saw a 64-bit AIX where they never enabled 64-bit, and had installed 64-bit Oracle on. That was a scary experience!

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA