Re: No future for DB2

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:19:07 -0400

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1122685628.347635_at_yasure...
> Larry wrote:
> > Until Oracle is in the lead ... then it means something?
> >
> > Larry
>
> No ... those benchmarks are irrelevant period. It doesn't matter
> whether they show lightspeed or glacial. They are irrelevant as
> are the bribe-induced garbage that spews from Gartner and other
> shills.

You are saying this ?????????

more than a year back I posted this:-

" After all I know of many Informix installation which switched over to Oracle just because they know Oracle won't go away, even if it means shelling huge amount of money to get a performance not comparable with their earlier Informix one. "

This was your response:-

" If Informix performance is better than that of Oracle ... perhaps you would be so kind as to show me and others where that is demonstrated: http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/result s/tpcc_perf_results.asp?result type=all "

This is the thread:
http://tinyurl.com/ct6or

I hate to say this, for an academician, your integrity is no better than Oracle
sales rep. You keep changing your views based on convenience. Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 21:19:07 CDT