Re: Is it possible to change dbname?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:56:10 GMT

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:33:30 +0200, Matthias Hoys interested us by writing:

> True, but then what's the use of this newsgroup ?

The newsgroup is one of MANY resources available. If that provides answers, then fine. Sadly some come here first simply because they are too lazy to do any research on their own.

I believe it should be one of the last places used, and most questions should be prefixed with "This is what I am trying to accomplish. This is the environment. This is WHY". An attempt to understand the environment before asking is always appreciated.

Anyone looking into my past posts and replies will note that I prefer to tell people where to find the answer, mainly because one question leads to another and the answers are often found close together in the manual.

I had hoped to give up spoon feeding people when my youngest son was out of diapers. It's always a surprise to me how few people know how to use an index or internet search.

Speaking of which ... to OP - the Google search for "change dbname" gives some reasonable direction on the first search page, including the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/paa/obe-mdb/html/Chg_DB_Name.htm

--
Hans Forbrich Canada-wide Oracle training and consulting mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com
*** I no longer assist with top-posted newsgroup queries *** Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 17:56:10 CDT