Re: troll

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:22:34 -0700

Buck Nuggets wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>Software is a tool ... not a religion. I'd suggest some a scotch
>>and some perspective if you can truly equate the two in your
>>mind.

> lol, well if your hundreds of trolls and flames on
> comp.databases.ibm-db2 aren't due to dogma, then what's your excuse?
> shilling? some deep-seated insecurity? seriously, why do you spend
> all of your time this way?

I teach at a university.
I have opinions.
I express them.
Much as I enjoy a good single malt so I drink them. But I don't suggest someone is engaging in theological blasphemy if they prefere Macallan to Glenfidich.

I think you folks take your brand loyalty just a little to seriously. Must make the stockholders of IBM happy but I fail to see what it does for you and intellectual integrity. Apparently since I stopped working on DB2 there is a loyalty oath that must be signed that contains the phrase "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil except with respect to the other guy." Get over it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org