Re: No future for DB2

From: Buck Nuggets <bucknuggets_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 21:07:01 -0700

Art,

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've built quite a few massive databases on db2, oracle, informix, sybase, and sql server - and Informix is my favorite.

Meanwhile, maybe some of that informix elegance is rubbing off on db2: it has improved so much in the last few years that it's also become pretty fun to work with. And the workgroup license along with large memory footprint, mdc, mqt, and a fast four-way smp can handle a vast amount of data and queries both cheap and easy.

buck Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 23:07:01 CDT