Re: No future for DB2

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:34:14 -0600

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1122600765.768696_at_yasure...
> That is not what is happening in Redwood Shores but thanks for your
> opinion. I will give it all the consideration it is worth.
>
> Leading to the eventual demise of one of the two products eh.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

Redwood Shores? I am talking about Oracle sales reps and what they pitching to companies looking for an HR package. I know of one company in San Jose where in the last 30 days Oracle sales people are only offering Oracle as a HR solution, completely pretending like Peoplesoft does not exist. I suspect that is pretty much true across the board.

But I have no doubt that Oracle Application Development Lab will steal as much Peoplesoft technology to include on Oracle Apps as they possibly can. But at the moment, Oracle sales reps are only selling Oracle solutions.

Yes, I expect the Peoplesoft products to eventually be withdrawn from marketing. Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 22:34:14 CDT