Re: No future for DB2

From: Buck Nuggets <bucknuggets_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 19:30:40 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> In Oracle back-up takes two mouse clicks ... how complex is that?
> Better take a look at 9i and 10g RMAN and the easy setup using OEM and
> the Grid Control. I think your experience with Oracle is dated.

Yep, it's a year old. Last year I was supporting a mission-critical 300 gbyte oracle 9i database running over 100,000 transactions a day.

Personally, I'd like to be prepared for something besides a 'best-case recovery scenario'. Two mouse-clicks? Please, save that for kids in database 101 who don't know any better.

buck Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 21:30:40 CDT