Re: No future for DB2

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 16:03:02 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
>XML was developed for a
>purpose. Storing it and querying it makes no >sense, wastes resources,
>and is highly inefficient.

Thank you Daniel, I thought either my current project had driven me insane or I had gone too soft in the head to understand these newfangled concepts.

But, the Customer's Dollars are Always Right!

Art S. Kagel wrote:

[comments about what IBM will do with IDS]

This sounds quite a bit like what Oracle did with the Rdb intellectual property. It took a number of years and a couple of versions, but eventually a lot migrated to Oracle and into new patents, while Rdb provided a typical mature product cash flow. Must still be one of the best $100M Larry ever spent.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/777676/000119758805000020/primary_doc.xml