'Help' Book Recommendations ?

From: Meg <meghandahar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 15:14:06 -0700

Can anyone recommend some helpful books to get me up to speed on Oracle?
I recently took a job at a small chain as a database manager of a database containing transaction-level information for all the retail stores and other store spec's. The current system is an Access db and not too sophisticated. I've used Microsoft SQL Server to manage large db's previously and create stored procedures in the DTS packages. This company is looking to migrate their system to Oracle, which I've never used. I know that there are some differences in SQL syntax between applications, and I need to find out about Oracle's facility with stored procedures.
Thanks! Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 17:14:06 CDT