Delete a databse without using Oracle Console to do so

From: <egandt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 12:59:30 -0700

I need to delete a number of old DBs for which I do not have the passwords (these are failed restore attempts of a customers DB). Since I can not access them I want to remove the from Oracle 10G completely, however I am finding it very difficult to find information on how to delete an Oracle database outside of using the Oracle Console, deleting the physical files associated with a DB is easy, but I still find that Oracle thinks they exist and thus I can not reuse the SSID, I did at one point find some information on how to destroy a DB, but I can not find this anywhere now. Does anyone know how I can complete this task?

Thanks,
ERIC GANDT Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 14:59:30 CDT