Re: cpu hogged at 100%

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 09:12:25 -0700

Gabriel wrote:

> I just installed Oracle 10g home on my machine :
> win xp pro sp2
> RAM 512 DDR
> cpu : 2800+
> HD : enough
>
> symptoms : after reboot, I have 2 "perl.exe" process which hog 50% of my
> cpu time each.
> I kill them, cpu goes down.
> 2mn or so later, they're back and my cpu returns to 100%.
>
> I have not yet launched any request nor logged to the admin console.

Gabriel,

Can you show us the output of "tlist -t" around the two perl.exe processes? Also, "tlist <perl.exe pid>". Tlist is in Debugging Tools for Windows. You can also do these in Process Explorer (from sysinternals.com).

In any case, you can leave all unnecessary services down and only keep OracleService<SID> and possibly the listener.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 11:12:25 CDT