Re: No future for DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 03:09:07 -0700

Anton Versteeg wrote:

> No since Oracle has zip marketshare on the mainframe,
> my statement is true, but to please you I will rephrase it to:
> DB2 is the only product that has proven it runs on the mainframe,
> midrange and PC and also sunstantial market share.

Using EXACTLY the same argument as you then: I have NEVER come across DB2 on the PC. So, it doesn't run on the PC, period.
Howzzat-den for argument?

> > Size matters now? :)
>
> yooo man :)

Hurhurhur!...
<G>

> > Face it: outside of the mainframe environment, DB2
> > has got NO CHANCE of long term survival.
> >
> Wannna bet? Kind of stealing from a child :)

I will bet you a bottle of good shiraz that DB2 will become a non-event in Windows in less than 5 years. Can I be more clear than that? No. Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 05:09:07 CDT