Re: No future for DB2

From: John Carlson <jwcarlson1_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:41:48 -0400

On 27 Jul 2005 18:45:45 -0700, "bka" <badamache_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> If only IBM already had a database product hugely respected in the UNIX
>>> market, and in fact designed specifically *for* that market, eh?
>
>4 in the top 9, including #1:
>
>http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_perf_results.asp?resulttype=noncluster&version=5&currencyID=0
>
>Cheapest Linux result:
>
>http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_price_perf_results.asp?resulttype=all&version=5&currencyID=1
>
>17 of 42 results are DB2, including 4 of 5 first place results:
>
>http://www.tpc.org/tpch/results/tpch_perf_results.asp?resulttype=&version=2
>
>Seems like the DB2 design gives decent performance on UNIX, Linix and
>Windows.

Which brings up a sore point for me . . . .

WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THE INFORMIX TPC BENCHMARKS? I get really sick and tired of hearing "it costs too much to do that". Right, wrong, or indifferent, if would be good to hear how Informix 10.00 stacks up against the 'big boys'.

JWC Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 22:41:48 CDT