Re: Rman - Curious Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 27 Jul 2005 11:28:11 -0700

Well, I copied all the archivelog pieces over to the remote host, ran the duplicate command, and received this error. Notice it is referring to the L0 - basically this is our level 0 backup, or full backup.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: Duplicate Db
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: restore
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: IRESTORE
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel ch1 RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19505: failed to identify file "/u02/backup/mpcprod/mpcprod_diff_L0.1510.1" ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
HP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory Additional information: 3
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE That file exists on the target host, not on the auxiliary host. According to the documentation, all that the auxiliary host needs are the archive logs..... Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 13:28:11 CDT