Re: Help: Lost sys/system password

From: joe bayerii <joebayerii(delete)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:44:07 GMT

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message

> Using sudo only set the user to 'oracle' for the duration of the
> command. Afterwards you returned to the calling user id, which is
> likely not in the dba group, thus the 'insufficient privilege' error.
> David Fitzjarrell

David, thanks for your help. But I just did a test on another server. Sudo will let me connect to sys as sysdba, even though the original user is not in dba group, as long as SUDOed user is in DBA group, I should be able to connect to sysdba without providing password. Received on Tue Jul 26 2005 - 20:44:07 CDT