Re: Storage (EMC) layout advice..

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:44:56 GMT

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:56:51 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:42:12 GMT, netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net
>(NetComrade) wrote:
>
>>Your thoughts?
>
>The budget didn't include a consultant to set this up?
>Because obviously this is way beyond the scope of a newsgroup.

Consultant or not.. I always try to get another opinion and full understanding .. the EMC white papers talk about separating indexes, data, etc.. I am semi-sure, that once we get to the consultant part, we'll hear the same thing..

Besides EMC specific question, I also had a question on non-standard stripe sizes of 1M + 128K and/or 1M + 256K, and was curious if anyone had an opinion on it, which really depends (in my opinion at least), on all components involved (but might have other sideaffects/drawbacks which I was seeking to receive).
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Jul 26 2005 - 17:44:56 CDT