Re: Oracle UTL_TCP

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:03:56 +0200

On 26 Jul 2005 12:12:04 -0700, "Vic" <ruvic2004_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Im currently building a website and it will handle estimately 5,000
>credit card transactions a day.
>
>Do you think its okay to use UTL_TCP to communicate to our credit card
>server to send authorization request. Is there a limitation in terms of
>number of sockets than can be opened from the Oracle DB since my site
>can have simultaneous credit card auth request? Or maybe an issue if we
>decide to use secure socket connection?
>
>What do you think?
>
>thanks,
>Victor

What I think is
- Why do you posted this request 3 times in short succession? - I don't think this has anything to do with Oracle, but more with the TCP/IP implementation on your O/S, which you don't mention (so don't expect accurate responses)
- IMO anything *NOT* involving SSL with respect to credit cards is simply out of the question. You don't want to expose your customers to credit card fraud, do you?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA