Re: how to specify timeout in connectionstring????????

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:42:59 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:kvvce1t5k8h8liqc6mkmkc4qajb0i3idhg_at_4ax.com...
> On 26 Jul 2005 10:16:31 -0700, "db" <deepakbadki_at_rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>In sql, we can specify timeout attribute in connection string. In the
>>similar way , does oracle allow to specify timeour parameter in
>>connection string?.........If yes then plse let me know the connection
>>string with timeout attribute.
>>
>>Thanks in advanced,
>>DB
>
> Oracle != sqlserver, so there is no 'timeout attribute'
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Even though the honorable Sir Sybrand Bakker saw fit to flame you for asking such an offensive question, I will answer your query. No, there is no timeout parameter in the connection string. There is, however, an IDLE_TIME phrase in the CREATE PROFILE command. CONNECT_TIME may also be of interest. Look up information on creating and assigning profiles in the administrator's guide and refer to the SQL reference for the correct syntax in creating a profile.

Also check out Oracle Net Manager=>Profile=>General tab=>Advanced=>TNS Time out Value.

And please don't compare Oracle to SQL Server again. It's bad etiquette.

Hope this helps this and future postings.

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup