Re: Newbie: Simple User question

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2005 18:18:02 GMT

bbreukelen_at_gmail.com wrote:
> First of all thank you all for the responses.
>
> The reason I want the new user too access the tablespace is security.
>
> I can understand that but the project does not allow me to and this is
> the only thing I need to setup. The rest will simply be handled by the
> Remedy application so I feel like it's a waste of time for me.
>
> I can imagine that some of you don't want to answer my question because
> of this reason. That's not a problem at all. Just don't waste you time
> by giving a response without an answer.

Well, I'll waste my time anyway. If you were just mucking around with Oracle as a hobby or something and wanted some help making an unsecure by-the-seat-of-the-pants system, I would be inclined to help you (to the limited extent I could). But you say you are interested in security. If you are truly interested in security, then either learn what you are doing, or hire someone who knows what they are doing. End of story.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB