Re: Toad Alternative

From: William Robertson <william.robertson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2005 10:57:55 -0700

Ach C via DBMonster.com wrote:
> pl/sql is so cool but nowadays I have a problem with it that I can't trace
> from its forum even.
> I HANGS whenever I am developing a procedure. Sometimes when editing
> contents and sometimes when compiling procedure.
> Is there any body have the same problem? Any idea about workaround of this?

Never seen that problem. Then again perhaps my version is different to yours, or the Oracle client or database version is different etc. The vendor may be able to recommend tests or debug settings. This may not be the best forum for "My PL/SQL Dev session hangs" type questions.

Actually it seems like they suggested a workaround when you posted there:
http://www.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002299 Some version and environment information would probably help over there as well.

> Should I change oracle's parameters regarding pga or library cache....?

No! Received on Tue Jul 26 2005 - 12:57:55 CDT