Re: Prevent Root access from database

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 25 Jul 2005 22:25:12 -0700

Mark D Powell wrote:
> Phil, I do not think management will react well to Billy's suggestion.

Like I actually give a damn how management reacts. :-)

The posting was simply to illustrate that management and business should stay away as far as possible from making technical decisions. They will (and do often) simply hurt the business by making decisions about technology that they honestly know absolutely nothing about.

Trust works both ways. Techies have to trust them to make the right business decisions. They need to trust techies to make the technology decisions. At least management has the optiopn to fire techies for making the wrong decisions. There's no such luxury on the part of techies when management pokes in their noses, and screw up technology totally.

--
Billy