Newbie: Simple User question

From: <bbreukelen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2005 11:56:30 -0700

I'm new to oracle and am used to Mysql.
I now use oracle because our Remedy application works best with oracle. I want to create a useraccount in oracle to access the database tables but I'm not sure how to restrict it.

The application created an oracle user ARAdmin and a tablespace ARSystem.

I wish to create an oracle user accessible by the webserver only limited to localhost and with access to insert, update, select and delete in all tables within the tablespace from the arsystem tablespace.

That's the only thing I'm interested in and frankly I'm not very much into learning all about oracle.

Thanks a lot,

Boudewijn Received on Mon Jul 25 2005 - 13:56:30 CDT