Re: Toad Alternative

From: jason bourne <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:15:27 -0500

In my shop TOAD causes all sorts of problems. It seems to hang and crash on the users desktop which leaves the sessions hung in the DB's. Many times these sessions are holding locks and waiting on pipe events which requires me to go in and manually kill them off.

I've never used any GUI tools ( I'm a command line guru ) regularly, but my experience with TOAD would make me go elsewhere if I wanted one. It's a POS in my opinion.

-Kevin