queries on db corruption..

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2005 04:45:21 -0700

Hi ,

what options do we have when we find:

1)An object in sys or system schema is corrupt? -we are in noarchivelog mode and take only logical backup.
as the object belons to sys/system , we can not drop and recreate right? -so only way is to rebuild the entire database from the export dump?

2) How do we proactively take steps to avoid corruption? -basically what causes corruption or is known to cause it ( past experience etc) ?

Most thankful for help..

Nirav Received on Mon Jul 25 2005 - 06:45:21 CDT