Re: Toad Alternative(plus a comment on tool costs)

From: William Robertson <william.robertson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2005 09:28:29 -0700

Alexb wrote:
> By cluttered I meant too many buttons which you probably never use. I
> think oncilla's UI is closer to toad though. It has code folding and
> links, thats a really cool new feature.

You can configure PL/SQL Dev's tool bar and take out buttons you don't want, or add your own. Same goes for the navigator, and to some extent the right-click menu, Explain Plan and the sessions monitor. I think if you take the trouble to go through the options you can make it pretty much the tool you want. And it's multithreaded ;-)

I like the look of the code folding feature in Oncilla, though I'm not sure what the Internet Hot Links thing is meant to do. Received on Sun Jul 24 2005 - 11:28:29 CDT