Re: Preferred Application Server

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 02:06:11 GMT

"nunyo beesness" <nunyo_at_beesness.com> wrote in message news:obAEe.2260$Fk4.2129_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> >>snip
>>
>> In that case, you are really open to a lot of options other than just
>> Oracle AS and Coldfusion. In fact, you may not even need a full bloom
>> applicaiton server. Since Apache is already in place, you could simply
>> add PHP as a module. It gives you a mean to create dynamic pages at the
>> same time provide database functions. PHP is very resource efficient and
>> easy to learn if you already know C.
>
> I'd though of PHP. Unfortunately it's on the corporate "Do Not Deploy"
> list.
>
> In another part of the thread Billy is really advocating HTML DB & PL/SQL.
> I'm moderately proficient in SQL. Do you have an opinion on these two?
>
> Foster Glascock

That's interesting. PHP has been the most popular web development language for a long time. Is Perl also out of the question?

HTML DB under the cover really is Apache+PL/SQL. I would recommend PL/SQL for Oracle only database development, but not web development in general. With that said, I would not dismiss the prospect of PL/SQL without knowing your applications. Received on Sat Jul 23 2005 - 21:06:11 CDT