Emergency

From: Andreas <a_kondilis_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:46:46 -0400

Hi,
i am exploring with oracle 10g and i changed something in the configuration of a database that made it offline and i couldn't reconnect to it. I copied the files in oradata of that database into another location as backup. The files i copied are the controlfile, onlinelog and the datafiles. Then i deleteded that database with the oracle assistant and recreated a new database with the same name. That's the only thing i copied before knowing that oracle keeps other files for each database in the admin directory. No backup was ever done and there are no archived logs. The problem is somebody filled up some important data in the database i deleted and they want them backup. Having said that is it possible to reconstruct a database having only the files i mentioned. I appreciate any information, link to a site or a book that anyone can provide or maybe a simple answer to let me know if it is possible to rebuild from files or i should stop searching. Thank you in advance. Received on Sat Jul 23 2005 - 08:46:46 CDT