Re: Install Oracle 9i or 10g on ubuntu linux.

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:55:14 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:55:14 -0700, Angsql interested us by writing:

> Hello Oracle gurus,
>
> I am trying to install Oracle 9i or 10g on unbuntu linux. Could someone
> help me if you have got any documentation on installating.

To make this work, you will need to ensure you have the correct version of the compilers, standard libraries, X and OpenMotif, as well as a few other things.

Much of the requirement is implied in the installation documentation found at http://docs.oracle.com and additional information is at Werner's site http://www.puschitz.com - but since you want to use a Linux distro that is not certified, you will need to read the docco and be prepared to provide your own primary support. (Or you can switch to White Box Linux for the Oracle server and use the Red Hat EL3 instructions intact.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com