Re: Install Oracle 9i or 10g on ubuntu linux.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 22 Jul 2005 15:26:19 -0700

Angsql wrote:
> Hello Oracle gurus,
>
> I am trying to install Oracle 9i or 10g on unbuntu linux. Could someone
> help me if you have got any documentation on installating.
>
> Thank you
> ang.

Stop trying; the combination isn't certified by Oracle. So, even if you did succeed in installing Oracle on unbuntu, or ubangi or whatever interesting off-brand of Linux you choose it isn't likely to work reliably, if at all.

Use a supported release of Linux; you can find them listed here:

https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/certify/certify.istore_welcome

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 17:26:19 CDT