Re: Most performant way to code client script.

From: Christian Tischler <christian_at_myunix.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:41:47 +0200

xhoster_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Usually the 3rd party software you are using will employ a highly
> specialized data structure (either in memory or on disk) dedicated to the
> analysis it is doing, and so that software will dictate how the data is
> stored. If you are lucky it will fetch the data itself from the database,
> given either a statement handle or a SQL string (or a set of accessor
> methods, although I'm not sure how lucky that would be). If you are
> unlucky you may need to create a "flat" file to serve as the go-between.
>
> If you want to contact me via email with more details I may (or may not) be
> able to give better advice.
>

> Xho

The software we are using supplies pretty good accesibilty to DBs, but the problem is that in the beginning we will need to get great portions of the data down to a laptop and apply our alogrythems. This is necessary as the alogrythems are a bit experimental and will therefore need excessive testing and we do not have 24/7 access to the data by now. Now the problem is choosing the right local DB and a way to get the data "unharmed" there. The main DB will be an oracle, but the local DB should be something less expensive as it will only be for testing purposes.

thx in advance

Christian Tischler Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 16:41:47 CDT