Converting oracle table's data into csv on client computer

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2005 02:15:14 -0700

Guys ,

I am on , what I think is a tough job...I have to give a facility or a way to each user to have a table or more than one table converted to a csv (comma seperated value) format.
(Oracle 9i on solaris). The developers have sqlplus installed. Now from sqlplus how do we manage ALL types of data (and there are tables that have LONG columns , there are tables that have commas and pipes and single quotes-all those tiny things that create issues)

Any ideas on : 1) How can we manage this using sql?

2) If you are definately sure that sql will fail then any ideas on how we can use pl/sql?

To add the work: The convertion should be done on client computer and not on sever. (But pl. give ideas if you have solution for doing on server)
I am most thankful for ur suggesions

Shreyaas Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 04:15:14 CDT