Re: AIX or W2k3 to run Cluster?

From: Jack <none_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:28:29 GMT

>> I'm ready to do extra research to come to a decision.
>>
>> So far I'm evaluating:
>>
>> SAN vs NAS
>
> Probably NAS as the additional cost for SAN rarely is justified by
> the additional performance but maybe not in your situation. So basically
> "it depends."

I would not take NAS, even they have come better. (perhaps SAN is even mandatory).

SAN with RAID-10 will be good choice (1MB stribe size, or at least 256kb). Look that hardware is RAC-certified.

Nowadays Intel-based hardware is relatively cheap. (If you compare what *nix hardware used to cost)

For reference:
http://h71019.www7.hp.com/ActiveAnswers/downloads/HPInfiniBandSolution_OracleRAC.pdf http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/B10766_08.pdf Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 02:28:29 CDT