Oracle 9i ODBC Driver for Windows XP 64 (XP 2003)

From: Josh The Geek <josh_at_thegeeksite.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2005 14:01:21 -0700

I just upgraded to a new 64-bit workstation with Windows XP Pro 64 (AKA Windows XP 2003) and after several attempts got the Oracle 9i client installed, or so it appears. The Oracle provided ODBC drivers also appeared to install. I created a TNS Net Service Name successfully. However, when I try to set up an ODBC connection, the Oracle ODBC drivers do not appear on the list of available ODBC drivers in the Windows control panel. Uninstalling and re-installing has no effect.

Is there an ODBC driver available for the 64-bit edition of Windows XP Pro? I need this up and running ASAP, as a deadline looms in the not too distant future.

Thanks in advance.

~ Josh The Geek

---
http://www.thegeeksite.com