Re: AIX or W2k3 to run Cluster?

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:17:42 +0200

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:dboi15$7r1$4_at_news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Jack wrote:
>> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message

>>>By definition, from what you've written, you've ruled out Windows.
>>>Mission critical <> Windows
>>>HA <> Windows
>>

>> That is a bit oldfassion thinking
>>

> No it is not - stared at
> "Your system was updated recently - a reboot is necessary"
> just yesterday; W2003 server.
> It's definitively NOT what you do on a HA production server!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

That's because automatic update was activated. Of course, any good Windows sysadmin would disable this (and lots of other unneeded services) on a production server. But i'm sure a Windows 2003 server can be a HA server (even clustered) - as long as it's not installed by some clicks on Next Next Finish. It just needs to be configured well like any other operating system.

Matthias Received on Thu Jul 21 2005 - 15:17:42 CDT