Re: How is a CLOB stored when XML is created from query?

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2005 07:20:16 -0700

I know how to store a XML document as a CLOB and object relationally.

I know how to generate an XML document from a query.

What I want to know is when I generate a document from a query, and the

table I
queried has a clob column how can I get that column to be represented with the
actual data inside the xml document instead of a tag that just says <column>(CLOB)</column>

Do I have to make it a CDATA section? Can I do that with dbms_xmlquery.getXML? Received on Thu Jul 21 2005 - 09:20:16 CDT