migrating from LMT to DMT in oracle and downtime

From: Ken <sid999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2005 07:09:24 -0700

I am wishing to migrate to LMT's in an Oracle 9.2 database. I am trying to find out if this can be done with users still accessing data ie while the database is online. I would appreciate any comments regarding this and other problems encountered. We are probably going to have to use dbms_space_admin.tablespac­e_migrate_to_local due to lack of diskspace. Also am I able to move tables to a new tablespace without any downtime ?I would appreciate any response on this subject. Thanks Received on Wed Jul 20 2005 - 09:09:24 CDT