Re: Is it a good idea, dev/test/production on one box

From: NewGuyOnRAC <joebayerii(delete)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:42:28 GMT

It is Oracle 9202 on RedHat Linux, 4cpu Dell computer, powerEdge, something like that. Load on production is not heavy, development is not heavy neither, they bought their software from vendor, there is no in house programming, so it is not the load/resource/performance issue that concerns me, I just do not like the idea of whole company, one box, something going wrong with the box, everything breaks.

I dont think it is the hardware, it is additional Oracle cpu/licence that concerns them. Can we just buy the licence for one box with support, and another box with licence, but no support, will that work?