Re: .NET data provider for Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:02:40 +0100

I'd also go with ODP.Net.

If you use Visual Studio to develop .Net apps (and IMO you should - if only to see how good jdev could be) then check out the tools for VS.net from OTN which do have that version1.0 quality, but they also have the - hey this is cool quality too.

pros.

Actively developed
Forms part of an ongoing commitment to the ms platform Allows use of Oracle datatypes
Works with Tools for VS.Net

cons

doesn't show up on ms forums and examples much i'd be lying if I didn't say that I though Oracle were betting more heavily on J2EE