Re: How to specify an Oracle Home in .NET

From: <tewall_at_lycos.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2005 09:26:10 -0700

I noticed this: "Multiple Oracle client instances, or multiple Oracle homes, are not supported because they rely on the first occurrence of the Oracle home in the SYSTEM PATH variable." This is from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244661/, and is speaking about Oracle 8i support. I don't know if this has been changed in Oracle 9, or if .NET is simply dependent upon using the first Oracle Home it comes across in its path.

What I'm wanting to know is if there is some way to specifically tell the .NET application which Oracle home to use, without impacting every other application, which changing global settings, like the path, would do. Received on Tue Jul 19 2005 - 11:26:10 CDT