Can define HOSTNAME in package spec?

From: Ach C via DBMonster.com <forum_at_DBMonster.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:05:23 GMT

Hi,
I faced with a problem in T-SQL to PL/SQL in a project. scenario:
There is a function called hostname() in T-SQL which returns an obviouse thing! I implemented this with:

Code:
select userenv('Terminal') from dual;
but they have used many many times from this in T-SQL so I want to ask Isn't better to create a package and declare a type in that to point to this select statement?Is it possible?
-Any help is so appreciated.