Timestamp SQL question

From: Oxnard <shankeypNO_SPAM_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:05:24 -0500

Oracle 9.2.0.5

Assuming I have only one connection as SYS:

select username, sid, serial#, logon_time, to_timestamp(logon_time) from v$session
where to_timestamp(logon_time) = (select to_timestamp(logon_time)

                                                    from v$session  where
username = 'SYS')
order by logon_time

select username, sid, serial#, logon_time, to_timestamp(logon_time) from v$session
where logon_time = (select logon_time

                              from v$session where username = 'SYS')
order by logon_time

I would think that both would return only one row assuming no user logged on at the exact same time as SYS. However, the SQL using the timestamp returns all rows of v$session.

I would normally just use date and be done with it, but the SQL is being used in JAVA code. I need the time and a date object does not seem to do it.

What am I doing wrong? How can I compare timestamps in a where clause? Received on Sun Jul 17 2005 - 23:05:24 CDT