Re: portal

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 05:27:52 -0700

madunix wrote:
> I have to select for our company a shortlist from different portal
> solutions such as php/MySQL , SharePoint, ASP.NET, IBM WebSphere
> Oracle 10g.
>
> In our company we are running Oracle DB 9i, We are planning to extract
> data in proper way and in a secure way to give our enterprise customer
> to view/read/customize ther private Data
>
> Can any one point me in the correct way to evalute the portal solution?
>
> How would you compare different portal from each other?
>
> Thanks

Why are you not considering the Oracle Portal product? It is going to give you far better compatibility and security.

How to compare ... only one way ... try them all on a test machine. All the reviews in the world don't matter when you find an incompatibility and the vendors point fingers at each other.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org