Re: When upgrade database from 8i to 9i ,hit the ORA-07445 error

From: chao_ping <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2005 19:25:48 -0700

for point 3-4, every 8i-9i upgrade seems have the same issue. So it is fine. Same problem with shutdown report table or view does not exist. For point 4, there is a known bug for this issue. when you do startup migrate and do not run the uxxx.sql script, shutdown will only work when you do shutdown abort.

for point 2,
 I think it should be fine. As at that moment, oracle has dismounted the database, that means the datafiles/controlfiles has been closed cleanly. Oralce errors out when it tries to free the shared memory/semaphores. If we do see shared memory/semaphores are gone after shutdown, we should be fine.

Maybe there is also a known bug for this. Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 21:25:48 CDT