Re: EXEC syntax for SP which returns row set

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:12:53 -0600

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message

> There is no OUT parameter to thie procedure, so how can it compare to
> the stored procedure you coded for Oracle? If you're going to make
> comparisons do so on an 'apples to apples' basis. Show us a stored
> procedure, coded with an OUT parameter, which doesn't require that
> parameter to be passed.
>
> I'm anzious to see your work.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

The procedure posted in the first post of this thread (repeated below) does not have an OUT parm either (except for the return cursor).

CREATE or replace PROCEDURE TEST.SPTEST
(C1 OUT ReturnCur.REF_CUR)

   AS
BEGIN
   open C1 for SELECT ID from TEST.EMPLOYEE; END; I really have no interest in making any Oracle vs DB2 comparisons. I was only interested in how to test the SP in Oracle using SQL*Plus because I needed to do it for an urgent requirement at work (obviously, the real SP is much more complex than I posted here). It doesn't really matter to me whether DB2 does it that way or not. I only posted the DB2 version because Mark Townsend asked me to. Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 19:12:53 CDT