upgrade of jdbc driver

From: Ed Stevens <ed.stevens_at_nospam.noway>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:24:20 -0500

Platform: Oracle EE 9.2.0.1 on Solaris 5.8

Yesterday I recieved a string of forwarded emails from one of our dev managers. I was asked simply "What does it take to upgrade the database driver from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.5?"

Reading back, I found that he is working on a problem with a middle-tier vendor, and said vendor requested to "work on upgrading you Oracle JDBC driver to at least 9.2.0.5." and provided this link:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc9201.html

That link was simply a list of bugs fixed, but also referenced http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_readme9201.html

This is another area I've never had to deal with and am simply looking for direction and reading references. The above referenced readme had only this under "Installation"

<quote>

Installation

Please do not try to put multiple versions of the Oracle JDBC drivers in your CLASSPATH. The Oracle installer installs the JDBC Drivers in the [ORACLE_HOME]/jdbc directory.
<end quote>

Is this purely a client-side issue? If so, how can I assist them?

If it is a server-side issue, am I looking at patching the db up to 9.2.0.6 (a worthy goal, but not under the severe time constraint/project pressure I'm facing). Or is it simply dropping in some downloaded files into $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib ??   Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 17:24:20 CDT