Re: 9i Generic Connectivity from AIX box to MS SQL??

From: Matthias Hoys <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:42:51 +0200

"Don" <don_leeNO_aa_SPAM_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:beofd1tri6vuahk5960avs74iaqrgio7er_at_4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> We would like to create a db link to a MS SQL server from a 9i
> instance living in a AIX 5L box to do some simple select SQL. Please
> share you AIX ODBC experience as well as 9i Generic Connectivity. Any
> recommendation on ODBC driver for MS on AIX? Is there such thing as
> ODBC driver for AIX??
>
> Thanks.

Mmm ... don't know, but IMO it's much easier the other way around : install Oracle Net on the SQL Server box, create a system dsn and a linked server : et voila. I remember from the past that you needed something like Transparant Gateways (extra license) to be able to connect from Oracle to another db. Maybe things changed with Oracle 10g.

Matthias Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 13:42:51 CDT