Re: Urgent, 2 instances on same server, instance failover scenario..

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2005 07:17:58 -0700

Mark,

I am most thankful for your so detailed reply...I am relatively new on cluster related issues and this is big help...Also I could get to speak to my senior dba and he said :

$. oraenv
\ORACLE_SID = [sid1] ? sid2
sid2

That does it! he also said that this was possible also by changing the ORACLE_SID parameter...

I take this oppertunity to ask one more question , though it is quite unrelated to above topic(that issue is resolved):

Solaris 8 is a free download, but can it be installed on Intel platform? I have 2 pcs at my home and I want to set up a testing set up where I can do all sorts of R & D , like setting up RAC etc..- and to simulate my work environment at my home, I want to have same os, same database set up.

So I would like to have solaris 8 as os and oracle 9i database, on my 2 home pcs , but is it possible?

Sorry I must be sounding naive...
Once again, I am most thankful for your detailed answer...

Nirav Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 09:17:58 CDT