Re: newbe: ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

From: <tjwatson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2005 11:26:57 -0700

Thanks Rauf you sent me in the right direction. I needed a static route to the router that connects our site with the remote Oracle server.
The server was up, the tnsnames file was right, but pinging on the machine that could connect returned with timeouts and 100% packet loss, on the machine I was trying to configure I got a different error which lead me to check out the route config on my box, which was different. Once network connectivity was established I was good to go.

Thanks again, sometimes you need someone to remind you the basics of troubleshooting and not get lost in the problem (that didn't exist). Received on Thu Jul 14 2005 - 13:26:57 CDT