Re: job is done, but data does not show up in table for 1 hour

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:21:56 GMT

utefan001_at_gmail.com wrote in

> I am trying to figure out why all indications show the job is done,
> but the blasted data does not show in its_jobcost for 1 to 3 hours! I
> don't see any locks on the table or suspect sessions. Server load is
> very light. I have a job that uses 10 cursors to do one insert and 9
> updates to a table. Not my code, but I am now resposible for it.

Google is your friend.
You need to figure out how to set EVENT 10046 to level 12 for the session running your code.
This is a verbose way to enable SQL_TRACE=TRUE. Event 10046 will create a (trace) *trc file. Process the *TRC file with TKPROF, which will show you EXACTLY where your code is spending all its time. Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 21:21:56 CDT