Re: Hot and Cold backups

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:43:06 GMT

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/start.htm#6370

> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://91x.com/media/Cantore_run_nin.mp3

Actually, this time I did read the manual (I'm learning that lesson at least), and I understand the difference between shutdown immediate and shutdown transactional. What I don't understand is this... If I shutdown immediate and the uncommitted transactions are rolled back, what happens to those transactions? Are they discarded? Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 17:43:06 CDT